“Logic” refers to any part of the survey building process in which you set conditions for an action. Conditional logic is expressed on the AYTM platform by using square brackets; [...]. In order to add conditional logic, the formulas must be typed directly into the survey fields; character counts won't be affected by the logic formulas.
The following formulas are currently supported:
- [Mask by…]
- [Rev-mask by...]
- [Show if...]
- [Hide if…]
- [Skip to...]
Conditional logic formulas are not caps sensitive and do not require spaces or other separators between the elements of your formulas.
You can express a variety of conditions, illustrated in the following examples:
- PQ1A1 - if first answer in the first pre-qualification question was selected
- Q1 - if a question was shown to respondent
- Q2SQ1 - if sub-question 1 on Q2 was shown to respondent
- Q3SQ1A1 - if A1 in sub-question 1 on Q3 was selected
- Q4A5 - if answer 5 on question 4 was selected
Depending on your membership level, adding conditional logic to a survey will likely incur an additional fee. Since the platform does not yet include error validation, we strongly suggest reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the chat bubble at the bottom right to discuss any uncertainties. We look forward to hearing from you!