While managing tags one at a time is useful, managing tags in bulk expedites the management process.
1. Accessing Bulk Actions Menu
- Hover over a tag in the list on the left side of the screen to illuminate a gear icon.
- Click this icon to remove tags, rename tags, assign tags, and delete tags in bulk.
2. Assigning Tags in Bulk
- Search your comments for a plain text response that might be common or anticipated in lieu of the open-ended question.
- Locate the tag you would like to apply.
- Hover over the tag to illuminate a gear icon containing bulk actions.
- Click this icon to open the bulk actions menu.
- Click Assign to multiple comments and select the option to apply to All comments on this page or All comments found.
Notice that the tag has been applied to all the comments and the number of times it has been used is updated.
It’s worth noting here as well, that drag-and-drop can be used for bulk actions too.
- Drag the tag from the list on the left and drop it on the drop-target to the right of the search bar.
- Determine which subset of comments to which you would like to apply the tag, All comments on this page or All comments found.
- Click “Apply” respectively, and your comments will be updated accordingly.
3. Removing Tags
- Hover over the tag on the left side of the screen to illuminate the gear icon and click it. The first two options in the bulk actions menu allow you to Remove tag from all comments or Remove tag from comments on page.
- Click Remove tag from all found comments.
- Click Confirm removal.
Notice the tag has been removed from each of the respective comments.
4. Deleting Tags
- Hover over the tag on the left side of the screen to illuminate the gear icon and click it.
- Navigate to the bottom of the bulk actions menu and click Delete tag itself from all reports.
- Click Confirm removal and the tag will be removed from the tags list, all respective comments, and any references in logic strings.