With the Xpert: Implicit influence test much of the setup of the Target Market is done for you, but we want to be sure the settings match your desired outcomes.
1. Target Market Settings
1. Check the Number of Respondents to View Concept. This is the experimental group and should be at least 200 (the automatic number of the control group) so that we end up with 4 groups of at least 30.
2. Check the Only include purchase decision makers if you want to screen out everyone who is not an active decision maker/influencer for the product category.
3. Set the Estimate Incident Rate (IR). The default is 80-89% in association with a pre-qualification question that prevents respondents from taking this survey if they have recently done so.
2. Survey Settings
1. Select your Concept Type (typically an image).
2. Drag and drop your concept image. After the image appears you must label it with a name of concept. (This optional will not appear until you have added an image).
3. Check the Display the title of the concept checkbox to display the title for respondents.
4. Fill in the Concept Descriptor field. This is a word or short phrase to describe your concept, such as a product or service. This will be used throughout the survey.
5. Select your Purchase Intent Response Options from the drop-down menu. The 11-point Juster-scale is default as research has found it reliable in predicting actual purchase behavior.
6. Check the Include Quality Control checkbox if you want to add a data quality question to the survey.
Once you have completed the Target Market and Survey Settings, your survey is ready to go. Click the Review/Edit Survey button to review a preview of your survey.