The Xpert: Effective advertising testing allows you to present a subset of respondents with an advertisement, and compare their reaction to respondents who viewed other ads.
See more in the Solutions Center.
1. Adding ads for an effective advertising testing solution
- In the Solutions Center, find the Effective advertising image testing or Effective advertising video testing tile, and click Get Started.
- On the input page, click the camera icon to select up to 10 image files from your hard drive, drag and drop multiple images onto the camera drop-zone, or add images one at a time.
- Type a name into the Please give this advertisement a name field, and any optional text to appear as a caption for the image.
- Check the Display the title of the advertisement box, to share this title with respondents as well.
- Hover to the right of a placeholder or a programmed ad to remove it from the test.
2. Calculating the number of respondents
- Below your ads, click the drop-down to select how many respondents you would like to see each ad, between 100 and 2000.
Note: If you only have one ad to show, this number will also be your number of completes. If you have multiple ads, the N in your delivery summary will update automatically to show that
N = # of respondents per ad x # of ads presented.
3. Included questions and additional characteristics
For your reference, you’ll see the three types of questions that will be presented for each ad, including an Open Ended question, and two scaled questions. These questions are automatically included with every Xpert Ad test, but you can add other attributes to measure on a standard five-point Likert scale.
- Click the box next to Measure additional characteristics about the advertisement.
- Type or paste up to 10 attributes that you would like to measure in the attribute fields.
Note: Each attribute should be able to fill in the blank in the sentence displayed to the right of the text boxes, following the structure of the examples given.
4. Comparing current customers to non-customers
- Check the Compare current customers to non-customers? box to add a question to the survey.
Note: In order for this additional analysis to occur, we must receive at least 30 responses from each category. However, because this simply adds a question to the survey, rather than filters respondents, there is no way for aytm to set quotas for this, and you may find the data to be directional.
- Type the summary description of your ad test in the field labeled Please specify.
Note: In your survey, it will take the place of the aytm website.
- Type in your preferred descriptor of your customer in the Please describe your customer text field.
Note: This descriptor will take the place of user in the example text.
- Click the drop-down to define the split between a user and non-user.
5. Finalizing your ad test
Before you check out, be sure to set an Estimated IR and refine your audience on the Target Market page, if needed. On the Survey Editor page, the questions from your Xpert ad test will populate your survey with a Lock icon to the left of the question number. While you can add prequalification questions, or add questions to the beginning and end of your survey, you cannot insert questions into the middle of the “locked” Xpert ad test section.
The soft text of Xpert Ad questions may be customized, but all options and logic built into a question cannot be changed. Hovering over a lock icon pops up a message to “unlock” and therefore, further customize, the question. However, doing so will revert the entire survey to a normal survey, and the Xpert Report will not be generated for you.