When you choose an Open Ended Virtual Question, the output will be comparable to an Open Ended question results, displaying both a word cloud and a frequency table. This type of Virtual Question will be helpful if you’d like multiple word clouds to appear all in one place, or if you’d like to aggregate responses to multiple Open ended questions into a single word cloud.
Learn more about Virtual Questions in the Lighthouse Academy!
Using Optional Presets
|When you select a set of Open Ended questions from the Optional Presets menu, and click Generate Visualization, the system will output all specified Open Ended questions in its own word cloud, each accompanied by a frequency table.
Configuring Open Ended VQs
- Click the drop-down to select Open Ended.
- Click the Q1 drop-down to select an Open ended question, or a question with an open ended answer field.
- Type or paste a label into the Please type a label… field.
- Continue populating the Question numbers and labels for the desired Open Ended questions into your VQ.
- Click the handle and drag an answer option into another position, and click the X that appears upon hover to delete an answer option.
- Click the Generate Visualization button. Once the data has loaded, you will see Word Clouds for each question, as well as a frequency table for the questions loaded.
- If you make changes to the subquestions, be sure to click Update visualization to refresh the results for that Virtual Question.
Aggregating Open Ends into a single VQ
Alternatively, you may combine responses from multiple questions or answer options into a single word cloud and frequency table.
- Select your first question in Q1.
- Click Switch to advanced mode above the text box.
- After the question reference, type and or or (depending on your survey construction), followed by the question reference of the other open ended questions you’d like to show together.
- Click Generate Visualization, and a single word cloud and frequency table will load.
Note: If you load a blank table, be sure to double-check your and/or syntax, or you can reach out to our Success team for assistance.