aytm's Question Library allows you to save questions or question sets to build a library of frequently-used questions that streamline future survey programming. Additionally, use the Question Library to quickly replicate groups of questions or re-order multiple questions in your survey, or drag and drop snippets curated by the aytm team from the aytm Library.
By default, when you open the library, you'll be able to see all libraries, but you can filter your view.
- Click the All drop-down, and check the boxes next to the libraries you would like to see, from Only me, aytm Library, your team library (if applicable), and My favorites.
Note: the visibility of a snippet is indicated by the icon that appears on the right side of the snippet. A single avatar icon indicates the snippet is only visible to you; a multi-person avatar indicates team visibility; a library icon indicates the aytm library; and a star indicates your favorites.
- Click the Question Library icon in the Collaboration Tools menu floating along the right side of the Survey Editor.
- Check the box(es) along the right side of the page, relative to questions you would like to save.
- Drag the question(s) from the waiting room down into the library, or click Save to library.
Type a name into the Snippet title field, choose whether the snippet will be visible to only you or to the entire team (if on a team account), provide an optional description, and click Save.
Open the Question Library in future surveys, and drag a question or snippet into your new survey.
- With the Question Library open, drag a snippet into place in the library, or click the Add button at the bottom of the snippet.
- Click as questions to add the snippet as consecutive, individual questions.
- Click as Smart Loop to add the snippet as a Smart Loop.
In addition to saving questions for future surveys you can use the Question Library to quickly duplicate groups of questions.
- Click the checkbox next to all the questions you want to manipulate.
- Click and hold the handle next to the question numbers that appear in the Library, and drag the questions to a different part of your survey.
- Hold the shift key while clicking and dragging the question handle to make a clone the set and move it to another place in the survey.
- Click the Search field, and select one of the tags to apply filters for question types, number of prequals, or various metadata.
- Alternatively, begin typing in your search criteria.
- Hit enter to search in the content, or scroll the list to choose a label for your search criteria.
- Click Clear or the x next to a query to reset the library.
Along the top right of any snippet you can:
- Click the Expand/collapse button to view the full question text.
- Click the lock icon (for snippets you own) to lock or unlock editing capabilities for those to whom the snippet is visible.
- Click the eye icon to view the questions in Preview mode.
Along the bottom left of a snippet you can:
- Click Delete and then Delete forever to entirely remove the snippet from the library.
Note: this action cannot be undone.
- Click Add and select as questions or as a Smart Loop to add the questions to your survey.
- Click Clone to make an exact copy of the snippet.
Note: Before saving a clone, you may edit the title, visibility, and description.
- Click the star to add the snippet to the My favorites list relative to your account.