Open-ended responses are grouped by respondents and their response ID. A Response ID is the number assigned to each respondent consistent across all reports, including Excel reports. Comments are grouped by respondents by using their Response ID.
1. Rejecting comments
You can Reject up to 5% of total responses (e.g. N400 * .05 = N20). This will remove the respondent (and all their responses) from your results entirely and replace their data with a new respondent if your survey is still in field.
- Click the Reject drop-down in the individual response ID menu bar.
- Select a reason for rejecting the respondent. Selecting Other will prompt you to provide a reason for rejection.
Note: If a respondent is rejected after the survey has finished fielding, please reach out to our support team through the chat to discuss options for replacing the respondent in your survey.
2. Giving Kudos
- Click Give Kudos? in the Response ID menu bar, and aytm will send a brief “Thank you note” to the user on your behalf.
3. Sharing your results
- Click on the Export icon, and select either CSV or Excel to export a file containing only respondents’ Response IDs, and their verbatim responses.
- Click on the Print icon on the left sidebar, and select print report to print a report that displays only the open ended question responses. When your printer options display, alternatively select Save as PDF or generate PDF to download a PDF of verbatim responses.