Video Responses allow you to gain deeper understanding of each respondent beyond the information that they may type into a survey. They are incredibly versatile and allow you to hear extra qualitative feedback. For example, you may want to know how your product is being used by a test group. Take your report to the next level by adding a few sound bites from respondents. You may collect up to 50 videos per survey. Individual Video responses can run up to 450 seconds (7.5 min) in length.
Want to learn more about our question types? Enroll in our Question Types Overview course in the Lighthouse Academy!
1. Adding a Video Response Question
- Click the Video Response Icon in the question menu or drag the icon into place on the survey.
- Type or paste your question and text instructions into the Question field.
- Click the Add Instructions dropdown menu to change the prompt to Upload an image, Upload Video Intro/Web cam Capture/Commercial, or No Context.
- Enter text into the Talking point fields to prompt users to respond in a certain way. Click the + icon to add up to 15 talking points, or copy and paste a list into the fields.
Note: Respondents will often go over each talking point one at a time. To collect 30-second videos, we recommend providing 1-2 talking points; for a 1-minute video provide 2-4 talking points. In general, it is best to limit talking points or prompts to 1-3 total.
- Hover over the Talking point number and click the X to delete the item.
- Type in the number of video responses you would like to collect (up to 50 per survey) in the Collect text field.
2. Analyzing a Video Response Question
- From the Results page, click on the Video Response icon on the right side of the appropriate question header to view video responses. A new page will open, showing aggregated Video Responses and Respondent attributes.
- From the Video Response page, click the icon next to a Respondent ID to view that respondent's traits.
- Click the emoticon to the left of a video to change the assigned sentiment.
- Click the play button on a video to preview it directly in the pane.
- Click the Download button that appears upon hover to download an .mp4 of a single video, or click the Download button next to the search bar to download a zipped file of all video responses.
- Click the ellipses menu and select Open Response to view all qualitative responses from a particular respondent.